[pct-l] Re: PCT-L digest, Vol 1 #57 - 18 msgs

From: Bighummel@aol.com
>Okay, Okay, OKAY!!!! I admit it! I didn't do it!  I didn't thru-hike the
PCT.
>I didn't walk the official route because one didn't exist in 1977

Sorry, Greg. I have a map book titled "Pacific Crest National Scenic Trail
(California Portion)" published by the "California Region - Forest Service -
U S Department of Agriculture" in 1974 that shows the "Existing Trail",
"Uncompleted Trail", and "Temporary Route". I had hoped to do the trail in
1978, but Mom (RIP) said go to college or move out.

Unfortunately, in my youth I tried to keep this map book up to date using
markers and whiteout. I does, however, show the "Uncompleted Trail" going
thru the Tejon Ranch and the "Temporary Route" going due north from Lake
Hughes past Fairmount Reservoir.

As a section hiker, they keep moving the trail on me, so I suppose I'll
never be done. The San Felipe Hills section was supposed to be in the Volcan
Mountains to the west, but I hiked across the San Felipe Ranch and then up
Highway S2, as that was the "Temporary Route." Oh, well...

See you all April 28,

AsABat