[pct-l] Re: PCT-L digest, Vol 1 #55 - 12 msgs

>Subject: Re: [pct-l] Watches
>Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 10:59:54 -0800
>
> >> Another is, it can be used as a compass somehow........
> >Veeery tough to do with a modern digital watch......   ;o)

  I have a method which has worked exceptionally well in all but the most
inclement weather.  I wait until my watch reads past 10:00 P.M., or any hour
sufficently late to confirm that the sun has indeed dropped deep below the
horizon.  Then I locate Polaris in the night sky, which I need hardly say
provides an immediate pointer to the north.  I have not tested this method
using an analog watch but have the strongest suspicion that it would succeed
there just as well.