[pct-l] Watches

>> Another is, it can be used as a compass somehow........
>Veeery tough to do with a modern digital watch......   ;o)

I do it all the time. You don't have to have a watch, you just have to know
the time. If the digital watch says it's 8:00, draw a line in the dirt
pointing to the sun. That's the 8:00 position. Now draw a line pointing to
where 12:00 would be on a clock face. Half way between the lines is south.
I've used this enough to do it just be pointing to the two positions with my
hands, then facing half way between them and I'm facing south.

Remember you have to use standard time, not DST, so during the summer
subtract an hour from the clock time.

AsABat