[pct-l] Trioxane fuel tabs

 Trioxane tabs seem to be much slower in boiling 2 cups of water than esbit
tabs. It took me over 12 minutes to boil 2 cups of water with a tablet using
an army canteen stove. The canteen alu. stove makes a great pot stand for an
alcohol burner though. Just bend the alum. into a round shape. Packing a few
for backup would be fine, but much lighter and better heat can be had. My
view would be to make a homemade alcohol stove use gas tank dryer( heet) with
esit tabs as backup. I small canister stove is also nice in late Washington
Weather and Sierra Spring storms. The new MSR Superfly looks promising as it
only weighs 4 ozs. and is suppose it use almost any canister of fuel made.
This changes my view of BIC stoves much as some canisters may be hard to find
along the trail during a thru-hike. Hey Ron, thank you for the picture of the
beautiful tennis star!!! Just kidding, I didn't open it and I know you didn't
sent it.