[pct-l] Eagle Creek/ Tunnel Falls? Scary?

Terri mason asked about experiences with the Eagle Creek=20
Falls alternate route.=20

I was fortunate enough to have picked this section for my wife and three =
children to join me. They met me at Timberline Lodge on Mt. Hood. We =
waked the 50 miles or so down to Cascade Locks via the Eagle Creek =
Trail. It was a wonderful experience. The gentle down grade, coupled =
with fantastic views and the well maintained trail made it a delight. By =
starting at timberline and dropping down to the Columbia you get a =
chance to sample a wide range of scenery in a short distance. I consider =
this one of the best sections of my PCT hike and would highly recommend =
it.

Neither my wife or my 14 year old daughter found it intimidating. The =
trail does proceed along the wall of a canyon for several miles but the =
trail is exceptionally well engineered and well maintained. If your mom =
is really intimidated by heights she my be a little uncomfortable when =
you initially reach the canyon but I suspect that fantastic falls and =
spectacular gorge will make it well worth her while. She may even wish =
to continue on through Washington. =20

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---