[pct-l] Re: Thanks Butch, Peg, Jessica & Mary Ann

It has taken Walt and me this long to be able to get on the net and add to
the comments about Butch's passing.  We have been blessed each of the three
times we stopped at VVR from '97 to '99, each time was more special than the
last.  When I became ill in '99, and knew I couldn't make it through the
Sierras and Walt needed to go ahead with our friends, there was only one
place where I could wait for Walt and where he knew I would be able to get
help if I got worse.

After a call to Peg and Butch at VVR, Walt headed back on the trail with our
friends, I headed to VVR with Wendy Sulda where I was greeted with open arms
to await Walt's arrival.  My wait was so much easier because I was treated
like family.  Peg and Butch knew I needed to keep busy and they let me help
them out wherever I could. Some of my fondest memories those 6 days were
being with Jessica and Mary Ann as they swam on the lake with the dogs,
watching them interact with everyone and do their studies with Peg or Butch
during the "slow" times, and helping Peg make her famous pies.  Nothing will
take those memories away - I just wish there could have been more memories
from future years to hold close to our hearts, but such is life.

VVR will never be the same.  Peg, Jessica and Mary Ann, we love you!