[pct-l] Radio on the trail

Howdy listers,
While on the PCT, I didn't even consider carrying a radio.  But I hooked
up with two other thru hikers for a couple of weeks, and one of them was
carrying a small am radio. One of my fondest memories was sitting up
high in the Sierras on a dark, star filled night listening to Mystery
Theatre on KNX 1070.  This particular episode was narrated by Vincent
Price (the master of creepy) and was about a jaguar which turned
maneater. I still get tingles on my neck when I think about it.  After
that, I changed my line from "never take a radio" to "maybe" though I
haven't done it yet.
       Jeff Jones