From: pct-l-admin@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-admin@mailman.backcountry.net]On Behalf Of Tom Rogers
Sent: Monday, January 29, 2001 6:04 PM
To: Luke Snyder; PCT-L@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: Re: [pct-l] Resupply Questions from Amigo

Luke Snyder wrote:
> What are the bugs going to do to me in mid June in
> southern Oregon?

Hey Amigo,

I'm also hiking Washington and Oregon this summer.  Based on second hand
information on the notorious Oregon mosquitoes (I believe in learning
from others experience and not making all the mistakes myself; I find
enough new mistakes to make), I've simply decided to take them out of
the equation by hiking southbound.  I'm planning to leave Manning Park
the second or third week of July and hit the bug belt in late August and
September when the natives tell me Oregon is at it's best.

See you on the trail, Hobbit