[pct-l] Re: Bikes on the PCT

This reminds me of meeting 3 teenage mountain bikers on the trail in
northern Oregon. The trail was posted that only hikers and equestrians were
allowed.  They we polite enough to dismount and let us go around them. We
gave them a stong glare, but said nothing.

About half an hour later we ran into an older man who was definitely out of
shape and in a hurry. He asked, "Have you seen three teenagers on bikes?"

We replied, "They are at least a mile ahead of you."

He them told us they were on the wrong trail and going the wrong direction.
He set off to try to find them.

If we had said something to the lost teenagers they would have appreciated
it. I still wonder how far they got before deciding to turn back.

Ken