From: Jim Serio [mailto:jim@rollercoaster.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2001 11:33 AM
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [pct-l] Stephenson tents - again

After looking at Bibler, SD (Clip Flashlight and Light Year) and the Nomad,
I think
I do want the Stephenson. I was focused on the 2RSLD but for only $100/1lb
more
I can have the 3RSLD which could serve as a nice all around tent when I'm
not on the
PCT.

Would people consider this pretty extreme (weight-wise)? I figure that at
almost 4
pounds, it's the same as the Clip Flashlight with tons of room. Also, what
concerns
should I have with the footprint. I've read (I think from Tom) that even
the 2RS is pretty
large and you may find it difficult to setup in some areas without some
prep work.  Would
a 3RS work well along the PCT or am I pushing it?

Jim