[pct-l] glissading

Here in the northeast, a lot of people have never heard of glissading.
Without big snowfields, it can be kind of difficult to find good places to
glissade.  Too many trees.  (Hmm, glade glissading, anyone?)  You end up
just doing short little slides every now and then.

I first learned about glissading in the Alps and there, it's just a part of
hiking.  Everyone does it.  Had some fun with it in the Cascades a few years
back, too.

Even though I've got built in skiis (long feet), I just don't have enough
opportunities to practice and get good at it.  So, we just wear our rain
pants for the descents and once our balance goes, sit down for the rest of
the slide...  Wheeee!

Mara