[pct-l] 5-Drop thru-hike

Citrus,
Well, here's my $.02, although frankly I would consider a 5-drop pct hike
pretty darn challenging.
Start out with enough food to make Agua Dulce in one shot.  If you can
average about 75 miles a day, that should be no problem.
1) Agua Dulce.  Not to be missed.  Make sure to say hi to Donna.  From
there, you should only have to average about 50 miles a day or so to
2) Kennedy Meadows.  You will want to pick up a food package here, but not
too much extra gear, because you don't want to get bogged down in the high
sierra.  Once again, averaging 30- 60 miles a day ( the more difficult
terrain might slow you down some), you will be able to pack enough food to
get you to
3) Truckee.  Past Truckee, the hiking is easier, and you will be hitting
your groove.  An easy 80 miles a day or so should make for an
unproblematical cruise into
4) Ashland.  By this point, you might be getting a bit tired.  I would
recommend hanging out for a few days in town, watching a bit o' Shakespeare
and soaking your feet in some ice water.  You will need to be well-rested
for your next leg.  The terrian in Oregon is a bit easier than what you've
been in, so with a full pack it should be no problem covering 80- 100 miles
a day into
5) Stehekin. This may seem an unusual choice, since it is less than 100
miles from the Canadian border, and nearly 1000 miles from Ashland.  Yet
Stehekin is quite a pretty town, with a great bakery.  In fact, even if you
run out of food a couple of days before Stehekin, you can use thoughts of
impending yummy baked goods to keep you going strong.  Past Stehekin, you
can drop down to 15 miles a day or so, to prolong your "victory lap" to the
border.
On this pace, you should be able to thru-hike the pct in less than 6 weeks.
Let me know how it goes

Staggerin' Willie
Charter Member of T.H.A.T.H.
(Thru-Hikers Against Thru-Hiking)