RE: [pct-l] 5-Drop thru-hike

I think that this question is; "Where must I change my gear? Where can I NOT
purchase food?" For example, you CAN buy food in Julian, Warner Springs,
Calabazon, Big Bear, Agua Dulce, Mojave, Onyx, Kennedy Meadows, Lone Pine,
Vermillion Valley, Mammoth, Yosemite, Kennedy Meadows (108), Echo Lake,
Sierra City, Belden Town, Burney etc. so it is possible to walk a long ways
at normal speeds without a mail drop.

You will need to change gear, most likely at either Walker Pass or Kennedy
Meadows so that is likely your first mail drop. In all other cases south of
Burney you could get by with a credit card and some hassel.