[pct-l] Biggest Difference between AT Thru-Hike

I'm looking for some wisdom on what the biggest differences are between an AT
Thru-hike and a PCT Thru-hike from some experienced hikers.  I've read
everything I can get my hands on but if I read it in an email it would help
drive the point home.

A few points to start with:

Is the "community" that much smaller?, I know there's fewer PCT hikers but
since the weather window is so much smaller it would seem everybody would
still be pretty concentrated.

National Park bears are much more agressive in the west?

Is everybody really focused on their schedule?  On the AT I didn't pay much
attention because I allowed myself 7 months.  Obviously the PCT requires a
faster schedule.

These are just a few areas I've been pondering.  Ready to get some wisdom
from you folks.  Thanks

Citrus
AT 99, PCT 01

To:            pct-l@backcountry.net