RE: [pct-l] The PCT GPS Mapping Project

I agree with all Eric says. I am certainly not an expert at GPS mapping.
However I have analysed the Southern half of the PCT route in California.
The areas needing mapping the most are the wide open, even desert areas. My
limited experience with my Garmin 2+ is that you get 6+ satelittes all the
time in these wide open areas. Except for a few areas you don't have heavy
forest cover. Fortunately, these areas are well documented on existing maps.

Not being familiar with the terrain North of I-80 I am less certain. What
does everyone think?

To:            "Karen Elder" <wild_mind@earthlink.net>, pct-l@backcountry.net