Re: [pct-l] clothes

Ginny wrote,

>> So I wore the same Supplex pants I wore the whole trail, a long underwear
top, or sometimes a supplex shirt over a t-shirt. (Supplex is great
protection against mosquitos, which can be a real problem in the Sierras.

Those looking for great, strong, and long-lasting clothes for thru-hiking,
check out the RailRiders line at www.railriders.com. Their Weatherpants
weigh only 11-ounces, are bombproof, dry in 15-minutes, and have
abrasion-resistant Cordura seat and knee patches. The Eco-mesh shirt has
Cool-Max yoke and side mesh panels from the wrists up the arm and down to
the waist and will help in the heat of the desert and high-country. I have
both and swear by them. All their gear is available in women's and men's
sizes. Get their catalogue and check out their gear. Most are made with
Supplex. This is the same stuff used by Eco-Challenge and Raid adventure
racers in their bushwacking events. It is made to last for years.

John Vonhof
vonhof@pacbell.net
Fixing Your Feet: Prevention and Treatments for Athletes; Second Edition
www.footworkpub.com

To:            pct-l@edina.hack.net