Re: [pct-l] Thanks

Montedodge writes:

> Greg Hummel was asked recently to leave a Wilderness Area early this summer
>  as his 25 year old "Kelty" was leaving Aluminum Oxide all over
environmentally
>  sensitive meadows.

Once again we find the Mad Man of the Rainy State espousing liberal
exaggerated diatribes about things that he is violently ignorant of. (don't
ask me what "violently ignorant" means, I just made that up!)

1. My Kelty is only 23 years old, NOT 25.  I mean it is old, but it isn't
that old!
2. Two burly rangers escorted me in a firm Hitlerian manner out of the
wilderness.
3. THEY claimed it was cocaine!  I calmly explained the chemical alteration
of aluminum when exposed to a lengthy period in the wilderness.  They had
this blind, dumb look on their faces as I detailed the equations, hmmm, maybe
they didn't take Chem 101.
4. Then they asked me for my permit and when I pulled out my Thru-Hiker
permit from 1977 they required me to prove that I have actually been on the
trail for all of these years!  The fools couldn't recognize the gleam in my
eye that told of the position that my mind has taken, on the trail, for all
of this time.
5. Then I tried to explain about the SOURCE of energy and how the 2nd Law of
thermodynamics doesn't apply to me and . . .

Monte, when they let me out of here I going come up there and stomp your
little whimpy body into the mud with my Vasque Monsters! (New, from Vasque,
only 3 lbs., 12 oz each, steel toe, steel shank, triple leather heal )  Stop
ruining my reputation, I think that I can do that very well on my own!

Greg "Strider" Hummel
from cell 430692A, cell block 16-32-A, Hall 4, Wing 16, Division 2,
California State Penitentiary, Mammoth Lakes

To:            pct-l@backcountry.net