[pct-l] Thanks

 Thanks for the info Dave!!! Glad to hear you are home and safe. For those
the the list who do not know Dave( Walk about ala Diamond back Dave) He is
not only a good hiker, but a darn good keyboard player as well! Only person I
saw who had hiked  the first hundred miles with zero blister problems. ( In
Sandals)  I must admit , I was totally inlightened with the whole ultra-light
issue thanks to Dave and a few others. Changed my outlook and what gear
should be used for this trail now days. My old Jansport D3 complete with it's
array of leather patches and U-shaped " beater" bars now rests silently in
the basement corner . The old Optimus 8R still comes out for retirement on
overnight trips and to show young " Whipper-Snappers" how real men cooked. (
With no eyebrows and a ear deafing roar)  Eureka Timberline " freestanding"
tent at only 7lbs 14ozs. is no longer the tent of choice on the PCT. Few
people showed up at the kick-off with 4lb. 12oz. Vasque Hiker two's either.
Greg Hummel was asked recently to leave a Wilderness Area early this summer
as his 25 year old "Kelty" was leaving Aluminum Oxide all over enviromentally
sensitive meadows. Wearing a pair of New Balance 803's  makes my old boots
feel like hiking in ski boots!!! Thanks for the tips guys!!!

To:            PCT-L@backcountry.net