[pct-l] Re: pct-l-digest V1 #1343

> >From: "doug walsh" <dougwalsh64@hotmail.com>
> >
> >well, we're the only species that cooks our food.  and the only species
>that
> >experiences degenerative disease.  i think the correlation is direct.

Dave:

>Doug I assume your theory excludes domesticated animals. Anyone who
>raises German Shepherds knows about degenerative myelopathy. This
>disease is most common with the GSD breed and currently thought to be
>a genetic predisposition of the breed. One could assume that diet of
>these dogs is somewhat similar (processed food) to our own, but many
>dog sport enthusiast exclusively feed their dogs raw meat and
>myelopathy still occurs.

Doug:
raw meat thats been dead for a while very different than fresh kill.  good
info though.  living food (e.g., sprouts, soaked nuts, fruit fresh from
tree, veggies fresh picked from garden) better than raw (carrot in a grocery
store).  incidently, living food much higher in life-giving enzymes than
raw.

To:            pct-l@backcountry.net