[pct-l] Weekend

Dan and I cancelled our backpacking trip this weekend and instead ran up to
Hendersonville, NC, to Diamond Brand and bought a car camping tent.  I met
Jon Zumstein who thru hiked the PCT last year and is planning on the CDT this
year.  I've decided to stay with pretty much my same gear, but I ordered a
new 20* bag because I was never happy with my old one.  It sounds like rain
gear is a moot point, so I just use a gortex jacket and forget the
pants...find with me...saves weight.  But while I'm at it I'll express my
fears.  I was never afraid on the AT (I hiked solo), but I'm afraid of bears,
lightning and getting lost on the PCT.  I can read a topo, but have terrible
sense of direction.   Is it because that part of the country is an unknown to
me?  Gail

To:            "PCT-L" <pct-l-digest@backcountry.net>