[pct-l] Backpacking books for Christmas

Backpacking books for Christmas

I've gotten a few e-mails from people on these lists regarding getting books
for Christmas, so warning folks: This is a commercial interruption. It's just
that I'm going to be leaving for New Zealand on December 5, so I won't be
able to respond to anyone else's request for books after then.

I have copies of all of my books for sale, and if anyone wants one, they can
just send me a check, and as long as I get it before next Monday, (December
4), I'll send books out. The address to send the check to is 26 Central
Drive, Bronxville, N.Y. 10708.

The books are the following, and I've given discounts for hikers. The prices
include shipping.

Along the Pacific Crest Trail (text of a PCT thru-hike, plus beautiful
pictures by professional photographer bart Smith) -- all color coffee table
hardcover book.  $40.00

All the rest are soft-covers

The Pacific Crest Trail: A Hikers Companion: Breaks the trail into 18
sections, describe for each section the route, what you'll see (plants,
animals, historic stuff, geography), and hiker info (seasonal stuff,
trailheads, resupplies, gear). $17.00

Where the Waters Divide: A 3000-Mile Trek Along America's Continental Divide.
A narrative of our CDT thru-hike. $16.00

Hiking and Backpacking: A Complete Guide. Intro to backpacking book. Part of
the Trailside series. If you're an experienced thru-hiker, you don't need
this one. If you're just getting started, it could be helpful. $17.00

Advanced Backpacking: A Trailside Guide. Sequel to the previous book. For
more advanced hikers: Covers winter, foul weather, above treeline,
long-distance planning, foreign travel, deserts, etc. $17.00

Everyday Wisdom: 1001 Expert Tips for Hikers. Probably best for beginners and
intermediate backpackers -- if you're a thru-hiker you've probably already
picked up most of what's in here. $16.00

I've also written a Trailside Scuba Diving Guide (off the topic, but I
thought I'd throw it in in case learning SCUBA is on your wish list.) Also
$17.00

Happy Holidays, everyone,

Karen Berger

To:            pct-l@backcountry.net