RE: [pct-l] PCT and politics

I agree and have no problem, as long as they decrease taxes a corresponding
amount. The current trend is to charge each individual user for the things
used, gasoline tax for highways and park entrance fees for park users being
great examples. The only thing that bothers me is that more and more use
fees are put in place and taxes don't seem to go down that much if at all! I
have to admit, I'm not sure which is worse, a moron politician or an
economics challenged one. Thank god neither one of them will have the power
to actually screw all that much up with a balanced Legislature. The
important races were for the Senate and Congress. They are the boys that tax
and spend, increase taxes and make laws. Clinton used his executive powers
to create NMs but only Congress can make them Wilderness or NPs, as I
remember it. I suppose, when you get right down to it, they are all
scoundrels and thieves just some of them are OUR scoundrels and thieves.
Except for their stance on public lands and abortion, I pretty much agree
with the Republicans on all the rest of their policies. But I am
diametrically opposed on those issues. They would much rather have a nice
new Nuki carrier to deploy some place that probably isn't any of our
business, and the Democrats would rather have a larger welfare state,
creating more poor people, than either would have a fully funded public
lands policy. If we'd just quite playing World Cop we wouldn't need a large
military. The one we have right now is incredibly deadly. It is probably 1/3
the size and 10 times as deadly as the military we had in Viet Nam and we
managed to kill 4.5 million people with that one. It is very easy to commit
troops to an area when you know you won't have to go. If we'd quite playing
Guilty, Condescending Mother we'd need a lot smaller welfare state and would
actually help people instead of trap them in a system with all most no way
out. Both of the candidates are GREAT trade offs. I assume that's why it was
so close. Both of them have a serious downside. I guess it got down to a
matter of which you prized most at the the cost of that which you hated
least.
But what do I know
Jerry

>From: "Reynolds, WT" <reynolds@ilan.com>
I believe that the best way to preserve these national