[pct-l] Hot Springs

Speaking of Hot Springs, I just dipped into one today just off the *old*
PCT. From Snoqualmie Pass, I hike up to Red Pass on the old "hiker" PCT
route (formerly known as the Cascade Crest Trail). North of Red Pass the
trail has been abandoned but some of us renegade maintainers have lopped
about 1/2 the route to Goldmyer. The last half is flagged and not too hard
to follow, but brushy and has lots of blowdowns. 27 years has not been
kind to the trail. THen I dipped into the Goldmyer Hotsprings (100F) and
hiked up the old "horse" PCT route past Snow Lake and Source Lake. What a
day! I'll bed Mad Monte missed this too since he hiked it in 1977, after
the Kendall Katwalk was blasted out of the rock.