RE: [pct-l] packs

>Dave writes >> Just perused the Kelty website and noticed a new pack called
>the Flight. It's
>basically the same as the Cloud-it weighs 4 oz. more and costs $200 v.s.
>$550
>for the Cloud. Anybody got any info on this pack? <<

Kelty gave me one of these at the end of summer, after I criticized
their inadequate child-carrier packs. (Drop me a line if you have
questions about baby-carriers for multi-day hiking-- I'm now $1200
poorer and much wiser!)

The Flight is a nice pack. I'd take it over the GoLite "POS's" that I
saw disintigrating on of peoples' shoulders in Oregon this summer. It
carries nicely, for a big summit pack. If I was really worried about
saving 3-4 pounds, I suppose I'd consider it for a big walk. But, my
Dana and my Gregory are better packs, in every other respect.

-- Ben Schifrin