[pct-l] Equestrian Posting 10/11/00

Wow.......
When I posted my question 3 days ago, I had no idea I would strike so many
cords.  As I stated in my initial posting, I am new to the pct-I-digest list,
and I guess I had no idea I would receive so many responses in my personal
email, as opposed to just a response on the list. Much to my surprise, I have
been inundated with e-mails. The lions share of these emails have
unfortunately been negative due to the fact that I will be riding my horse on
the PCT. I can deal with opposing views.  Everyone is entitled to their own
opinion, however, let it be known, I don't have the time or energy to debate,
or defend myself and my desire to ride the PCT on horseback...thus my lack of
response to many of your e-mails.
To those of you who have been cordial and have shared valuable information
with me (the reason I joined the list)...Thank You again...and keep them
coming, as you know, I WILL respond to those e-mails.

I'll close with this: Let's all try and get back to basics and remember why
we all joined this list in the first place. We all love and want to enjoy the
PCT, and share information. Speaking of going back to basics....wasn't it man
AND stock who created the trail in the first place?  I'm no history buff, but
I don't remember seeing anyone wearing backpacks in any history class I took.
Maybe that's because they used HORSES.
Not being too familiar with list etiquette, I hope the last statement wasn't
considered a "flame."  If so, I'm apologizing in advance. My intent wasn't to
make anyone mad, it was to hopefully make someone smile  :)

-JUSTIFYER
PS "Cant we all just get along?"  LOL