Re: [pct-l] Equestrian Posting 10/11/00

>From: RidePCTrail2002@aol.com
Speaking of going back to basics....wasn't it man
>AND stock who created the trail in the first place?  >-JUSTIFYER

The first people to do the PCT was a family on horseback. It was designed
for both. I really wouldn't worry about the people that gave you a hard
time. Talk's cheap.
You might conceder joining the BackpackingLight group at
http://www.egroups.com/group/BackpackingLight . It is much more equipment
and trip oriented. There are many people on that list that have done the
PCT. You'll still get some flack but maybe not as much. If they give you too
much trouble suggest they stick to the AT and just hike with Wingnut so they
will have someone to talk to. I've found that the at-l is mostly touchy
feely about the AT. The pct-l is better than half practical info and half
touchy feely.....you just happened to run into one of the touchy slappy
subjects. As long as you treat me on the trail as well as I treat you we'll
have no problem. BTW I've been a backpacker for the last 45 years and am
basically suspicious of any mode a transportation that thinks for itself.
But, as you didn't ask me to try ride one of the darn things, just share the
trail with you, it's no problem for me. Pay your taxes, vote, and enjoy your
trails.
Enjoy
Jerry