[pct-l] more on trail races

I guess different types of trail users just can't get along. Everyone
thinks that THEIR type of use is the only one that is proper for the trail.
The following was recently posted on another list about the "Man Against
Horse" 50 mile trail race:

================================
* Man Against Horse is Arizona's oldest ultra.
Runners and horses cover the same course at the
same time. Annoyance is mutual. Runners get
pissed they have to watch out for horses. Riders
get pissed they just can't run over the runners.
Each discipline questions the other. A friend
once commented to me during a race "Can you
believe how far they're making that poor horse
run?" (We were running the same distance.) Riders
just say "You runners are crazy."