[pct-l] regarding racing....

arrrrrrrrriiiiiiibbbbbbbaa!
not complying with my attitude on the trail, i have
been quiet lately on this list (maybe the post trail
blues).  however the racing topic brings back the fire
i had in my heart about three months ago.  if you
(2000 hikers) remember, just outside of agua dulce and
ending at jack fair's mojave crossing, there was a 100
mile equestrian race.  now i missed it by just one
day, but the rest of the pack four days back somewhere
around 50-75 had to deal with this.  the 100 mile race
was poorly timed with the pace of the bulk of this
year's through hikers.  i am not sure if it is a
first, but next year's race planning should consider
what kind of usage numbers are on their course during
that date.   additionally, i sure hope they picked up
the hundreds of candy cane striped flags they marked
bushes with.

-Amigo (california dreamin')