[pct-l] planning for a PCT hike from Europe

Hello there,

I am new to this list. The reason I subscribed myself is that I am planning
to hike part of the PCT next summer. Fortunately I already have a hiking
partner: my partner on and off the trail. We live in Europe, in the
Netherlands to be more precise. This provides us with a few extra problems.

First of all, there are no mountains or even hills nearby to get accustomed
to. We have walked in the mountains before, but are unable to go there
every weekend.

Secondly, we are wondering about the way to supply ourselves with food
during our hike. We could get a 'home-base team' to send us packages from
Europe, but this seems a very unsure and expensive way to do it. Any
experience of alternative ways to supply yourself with food during a PCT
hike?

We are not planning to hike the whole length of the trail. Unfortunately we
can only take two months off our jobs. As we fell in love with the
mountains in Washington three years ago, we decided to hike part of Oregon
and Washington. Tentatively we thought of the part between Cascade Summit
and Stehekin. Any comments? Do you think we miss out on the best part?

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards,
Saskia