Re: [pct-l] planning for a PCT hike from Europe

If I was starting my hike at Cascade Summit, I would pre mail packages to Elk
Lake and Ollalie Lake resort. Then I would buy groceries in Cascade locks and
mail packages to White and Snoqualmie Passes. Stevens pass will be you're
biggest resupply problem since there is no store around for many kilometers.
Personally, I would hitchhike to Leavenworth, resupply and mail one last
package to Stehekin. (unless Stehekin is the final destination.) An excellent
source of information is the Pacific crest Trail Association (www.pcta.org)
You can purchase guidebooks and other items to help you plan your trip.
Finally, you might consider starting at Crater Lake instead of Cascade
Summit. And no, you won't be missing the best part of the PCT. There is no
"best part"