[pct-l] Happy to be part of the crowd!

    First of all I would like to thank Ryan for all of the hard work that
goes into this list. I have been reading for the last couple of days and am
really excited about all of the knowledge that is being passed about. A bit
about myself for those who would be interested; my name is Sam Arnold IV and
I live in the small town of Cynthiana, KY, about 20 miles north of Lexington.
I will soon be a Technology Education teacher. In addition I am a machinist,
welder, shade-tree mechanic, and avid farmer. I thru-hiked the AT in 1997 and
plan on trying my fortune on the PCT next May. I believe that my graduation
is around the 12th so I would like to get to Campo on the 14th. One of my
larger concerns is the crowd on the PCT or lack there of. I hiked the AT solo
and would like to attempt the PCT in the same way but the amount of people
that I met on the AT was amazing. I would just as soon not meet quite as many
people, but being able to relate to someone who is where you are when you are
was really delightful for me. I guess my question relates to the anticipated
number of others who will be in my shoes around the 14th of May. I realize
that seems like a rediculous question because it really shouldn't matter, but
some of the people that I met on the AT really changed my life. I'm sure
there will be comprable people on the PCT, but I honestly have no basis for
that assumption. I know that there are far fewer people on the PCT which I am
so excited about, but I would anticipate that those who will be out there
would more likely be my kinds of people. I would welcome all who have
anything to say, either privately or posted, and greatly thank all for their
time.
    My two cents worth on the Aluminum cookware - I have never carried
titanimu but I can speak for aluminum. One of the 4 items that I carried
2,160.2 miles was a teflon coated aluminum pan. It rocks. I believe that I
purchased it from REI about 5 years ago in a set of 3 pots and lids (total 6
pieces) and have never seen it since. The lids have handles so you can use
them for a large skillet. The one I took was the smallest of the 3 and a
whisperlite nestled perfectly in the closed pot. Add a Traveling Light mesh
bag and "Whoop, there it is!" I believe the manufacturer was "Bulldog," maybe
out of England." The nice thing is that it is teflon coated. EVERYTHING wipes
out. I believe the entire set was $40.00 or so. If anyone finds them again
please let me know. I would like to purchase another set.
    Once again so sorry about all of the bandwidth!
                Sincerely, Phluffhead