[pct-l] Thinking about a PCT hike

I've been thinking aobut doing a PCT hike next year. THis would probably
not be a thru-hike. But, I have one important question. How easy is the
trail to follow especially in the desert sections in the south? My vision
is low and this is an important issue to me. I don't need a trail to have
blaze every few hundred yards, but if the trail spends miles and miles
crossing boulder fields or flat unremarked terrain that does cause me
troubles.

At some point in time I will do a PCT thru-hike, but that point is
probably not next year. On the other hand if it is I suppose I'll have to
learn a few new skills. For example, I've never used an ice axe... Ah
things to think about.

  ** Ken **

**        krk@home.msen.com           http://home.msen.com/~krk     **