Re: [pct-l] section hike info needed on "other" trail...

I just used an Esbit stove for a 17 day section hike. There are no ashes
after the fuel tablet goes out, so no ashes to carry out. The fumes are
pretty nasty. I tried not to get too close to them. You can reuse the
partially burned tablets after you blow them out. I sometimes used a
full one and a partial one for meals that had to simmer a little bit. I
was surprised how well it worked in the wind. I used a windscreen from
my MSR and the fuel never blew out from the wind.
Happy Trails!
Tom Hopkins
Sacramento Ca