[pct-l] Home for a few days!

Greetings all!

I'm home for a few days to reorganize some equipment. In the next couple of
days I hope to update the website with some journal updates.
Expect to be back on the trail to head through Oregon next Monday.

In the meantime it's nice to see that all of you still find numerous issues
to debate to no conclusion.

So far we've had a great summer. Unfortunately my hiking partner U.K. Ray
had a hernia and was forced to leave the trail. He'll be headed back home to
England in a few days. Though he says he'll be back to complete the trail
someday.

There are still lots of people out there. Probably somewhere around 130
thru-hikers, though no one has any real figures. We ran into Ant Newman a
week or so ago and he had counted and photographed some 60 hikers so far.
Should be at least as many as that behind me.

The weather is heating up in Northern California, making hiking feel like
the desert at times. Especially in the dreaded Hat Creek Rim section. I did
that one with an intestinal bug. First time in the trip to be sick and
that's no place to feel bad. Considering all the bad water I've drunk in the
last three months, it's surprising that I didn't get sick earlier. Anyway
it's just about all cleared up now.

Ron "Fallingwater" Moak
PCT 2000 - http://www.fallingwater.com/pct2000