[pct-l] Bears and Nyquil

 I read the same newpaper article on bears and pepper spray. Bears do come to
new smells. Still, I would choose to have a can of pepper spray over nothing.
Saw two women that got tore up after using pepper spray and weren't too
impressed, but many people swear by it. Chinese mustard eaten by a bear
should still have good entertainment value. Carl, don't carry entire Nyquil
bottle, just the small plastic cap. ( Keep your whisperlight for climbing and
winter trips. ( I have an old MSR model 9 from 1973 that still I'm still fond
of as well ,but it's an easy 12oz. weight cut reduction to go alcohol and and
pure delight to just fill and light ) Back to bears, we have as many as
anybody in Washington State. They are rarely a problem outside of parks
because of hunting. ( smart bears live and dumb pushy bears are rugs )