[pct-l] Snow in Olympics

 Night time temps. were really warm last week in the Olympics at the 4,500'
mark. Still lots of snow above 5,000'. I agree with MountainDave on his Mt.
Olympus report, but would still take crampons for the climb. They are cheap
insurance in preventing a slip if it gets icy on morning climb. I don't think
crampons weight is going to break anyone and carry them even on my late
summer Mt. Adams climbs. ( you become spiderman on the ice while people
without look like a barefooted boy going to get dads morning paper on a
gravel road )  Depending on your party, you may want to bring a rope if you
have one or two less experienced climbers as well.