Re: [pct-l] Uses for an ice axe

A dozen additional uses for an ice axe:

12.  You can use it for a tooth pick (well, I can, I have a big mouth!)
11.  You can use it as a seat, but be careful which end you sit on.
10.  You can use it to scratch hemorrhoids by sitting on the wrong end!
9.  You can wield it to keep wild, drunken rednecks at arms length when they
become offended by your long hair and foul smell.
8.  You can use it as a back scratcher
7.  You can use it as a drying rack for wet socks.
6.  You can use it to practice fencing.
5.  You can use it when a grizzly bear attacks in the North Cascades.  No,
you don't swing it at the grizzly, that just makes him madder.  Instead, fall
onto the pick to kill yourself to prevent the agony and terror of getting
mauled and partially eaten by the grizzly!
4.  It makes you look kind of macho.
3.  It signifies that you are really lost when you are trying to hitchhike on
the onramp to a freeway in Oakland at midnight.
2.  It will look good on the wall of your cabin later in life.
1.  It opens bottle caps real well with a little practice.

Strider