[pct-l] Re: pct-l-digest V1 #1176

In a message dated 06/25/2000 3:11:58 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-pct-l-digest@majordomo.hack.net writes:

<< Was I the only one who thought Jean-Paul was joking when he talked about
 the  Pacific Crest Bike Trail (PCBT) back in April? I "sat on it" for
 many weeks and finally used a search engine and tried to find the PCBT.
 Sure enough, there it was. It is a legitimate trail for bikes. In case
 anyone else is interested, you can find it easy and enjoy the reading. >>

There is a book published, I think by the obvious name of "The Pacific Crest
Bicycle Trail".  It's a pretty good guide that gives all the route
information including profiles, camping and lodging, but if any of you
mountain bikers are salivating, it's a road route on backwoods highways, and
doesn't really do what the PCT does.  A great trip, nonetheless, for you
"roadies".   Chris (Compass) Jennings