Re: [pct-l] Chorine water

In a message dated 6/11/00 5:59:54 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
Montedodge@aol.com writes:

<<  Skid is hiking the PCT using just 4 drops or chorine then using Hydrogen
Peroxide after. >>

A friend and I hiked the JMT in '96 using chlorine crystals to purify 3
gallons of water (for the evening meal, breakfast and water bottles before
hitting the trail again) a day. The hydrogen peroxide is used to neutralize
the chlorine taste. This process is used in Third World Countries for water
purification.

During the day we used iodine tablets in our 1-liter water bottles.

Charlie