[pct-l] Re: pct-l-digest V1 #1154

Will here:

I lost my ISP connection and therefore also lost a few messages I was
planning on sending the message board.
   Before taking a summer job high in the White Mountains above Bishop, CA,
I watched the spring approach Donner Pass. Week after week went by with snow
and clouds and such-- cold temps. Then, about a week and a half ago, summer
began. It just started one day and the snow started falling off the ridges
extremely quickly.

Blisters: Blisters are caused by heat, so keep your feet cool. Most shoes
out there seem to keep feet too hot in one way or another. Friction=heat as
well.

Walking on the flanks of Mt. Tom the other day, I was struck once again by
the Sierras. No other words came to mind but "God's Country."
A path purple with wildflowers, gentle waterfalls, an open camp in a wooded
stand. Good to be back.

Will