[pct-l] Re: [at-l] Updates (Admin)

A follow up on the second point, the bouncing of MIME/HTML or messages with
attachments:

Thanks to a script that Kathy Bilton found, I've got a filter installed that
should allow the plaintext portion of messages through to the list while
tossing out the garbage.  I've already tested this on a low volume list for
the last 48 hours and it seems to work extremely well.    As an added
benefit, it has the feature of trimming excessive quotation.   I'm sending
this message in HTML, so you can see the results.

I welcome your comments on it's performance...  And a huge thanks to Kathy
who also runs the original (and best IMHO) AT website:

http://www.fred.net/kathy/at.html

-R

"Ryan K. Brooks" wrote:

> I've made a couple administrative changes to the lists, please note:
>
> - Uns*bscribe and S*bscribe messages are now bounced if they go to the
> list.    I turned this "bouncing" off when I updated the FAQ (see link
> below), but I'm still seeing people sending unsu*b to everyone when
> trying to leave.
>
> - This is IMPORTANT!   If you send an attachment to the list, it will
> now bounce!    This seems prudent based on the viruses that have cropped
> up lately on the AT-L. In addition, attachments have always been frowned
> upon since they ruin life for the digest folks.   This also means that a
> few of you will experience bounces when sending an email that you don't
> think has an attachment (when in reality your message did).    An
> attachment can be created by your mail client if you send HTML, attach a
> vCard, etc. so please bear this in mind.    If your message does bounce
> due to an attachment, you'll get a message back with a subject like
> this:
>
> BOUNCE test@majordomo.hack.net: global taboo header:
> /^Content-Type:\s*multipart\b/i
>
> Thanks for listening, and I realize this may be painful in the short
> term, but ultimately will eliminate viruses from propagating via the
> lists and allow folks to enjoy the digests.  If you have any problems at
> all, just send me an email - ryan@backcountry.net
>
> Thanks again,

multipart/alternative
  text/html