Re: [pct-l] Cannisters

<<  If I want an alcohol stove that burns hotter, I need to
 make the burner out of a larger can, right?  >>

'Fraid not, Beth.  You want it to burn hotter (faster), you give it more air.
 Two tablespoons of alcohol will explode if you vaporize it in the right
amount of air, or burn for half an hour if you starve it.  Neither of these
"stoves" will heat water worth a hoot.  The best stove puts the most heat
into the water in the pot.  Simple.