Re: [pct-l] Alcohol as a fuel

> >     Not at altitude my friend.  I live in Anchorage we are surrounded by
5
> >mountain ranges, believe me you don't want to be playing around with
> >Alcohol on top of a glacier when gas can do it quicker in seconds. No
> >mountaineer use's alcohol it's not practical, my XGK will have my vittles
> >done in seconds and melt half the glacier for water.
> >Cheers
> >Dharmabum
>
> Are we mountaineering or thru-hiking? Or trying to prove a point at any
> cost? The list caters so well to the last.

No sorry Brent not a point it's just we see things in a different
perspective.  Up here in Alaska many hikes would be perceived as
Mountaineering in the lower 48 due to all the glacier travel we do up here.
Just giving you my view on things the way I see it, that's the best way for
all of us to learn right?   There is no right and there is now wrong for any
of these topics , just conjecture.
Sorry if I was too strong in my opinions , but that's  us Alaskans we offend
most..maybe it our breath?
Anyhow.....trek on
Cheers
Dharmabum