[pct-l] Re: pct-l-digest V1 #1111

>>If you ever go up in the mountains you'll be back with the
>>whisperlite..
>
>I live in Salt Lake City....the mountains start right across the street. The
Rockies start on a city bus line ride to the trail head. Still leave the
DragonFly at home. 1.5 Oz or less of alcohol melts enough snow for a meal and
a cup of tea.....and I can do it under the tarp or vestibule.

    Not at altitude my friend.  I live in Anchorage we are surrounded by 5
mountain ranges, believe me you don't want to be playing around with Alcohol
on top of a glacier when gas can do it quicker in seconds. No mountaineer
use's alcohol it's not practical, my XGK will have my vittles done in seconds
and melt half the glacier for water.
Cheers
Dharmabum

I also live in Anchorage and i just recently bought a XGK for some high elevation peaks around the area, and  man it works very well, i will never use anything else.