re: [pct-l] Wood burners

  organizers of various treking outfits burn gas stoves in their
>kitchens on the trail:  to conserve the wood in the depleting forest of
>Nepal.
>Cheers,    Marge the old gal

   Ah this is correct Marge outside of the big conservation areas!  Plus as you know the porters will continue to do it wether its restricted or not.  I've also bee through Tibet and the Indian Himal Pradesh and I've seen the destruction done there where it's not regulated.  I love Nepal too and I've been there many times, just there last fall for three months.
I always wondered if you spoke Nepali!
Cheers
Dharmabum
>Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!