Reporting Trail Problems

Hello PCTers!

With the upcoming kick-off for yet another group of PCT thru-hikers and
perhaps a few long distance equestrians, I'd just like to remind everyone
that the PCTA and our agency partners really do want to know about any
significant trail problems that you may encounter.  These can include
missing trail signs or the lack of route markers (PCT logos should be at
each trail junction and road crossing and white diamond blazes are
sometimes present in confusing or hard to follow areas), major washouts or
landslides, impassable areas (due to blowdown or brush), etc.

To make the information, which we pass on to local volunteer maintainers
(where they exist) and agency staff, most useful, the more details that you
can provide about the problem and where it is the better.  If you can take
a picture or two and get them to us, this would be very helpful also.  Give
us a call, mail us or email us, whatever works for you.

Lastly, we are always interested in any development on or near the trail or
"for sale" signs cropping up on private lands along the PCT.   Luckily most
of the PCT is on public land but some 300 miles are located on private
land, on narrow (generally 10-30' wide) easements.   Please take notes, and
ideally photos, and pass them along.

Thanks and happy trails!

Reuben Rajala

Reuben Rajala, Director of Trail Operations
Pacific Crest Trail Association
5325 Elkhorn Blvd., PMB #256
Sacramento, CA 95842
Office (general) 916-349-2109
Office (direct) 916-349-0941
Fax: 916-349-1268
Work Email: <trails@pcta.org>

Visit the PCT sometime, as well as the PCTA's website!: http://www.pcta.org

"If life seems like it's all uphill...you must be on your way toward
reaching your PEAK!"    ziggy