Re: [pct-l] ice axe

> what's the standard ice axe used out there.

The most popular ax I saw on the trail last year was the Grivel Air Tech
Racing. It's one of the lightest axes.

Troubadour
--------------
http://www.pcthiker.com | experience the pacific crest trail

Cc:            pct-l@backcountry.net
From:          Jeffrey Olson <jjolson@uwyo.edu>
Date:          Thu, 20 Apr 2000 11:27:28 -0700
Subject:       Re: [pct-l] High Hopes - Packing

I remember planning and bagging food for a 75 day hike on the PCT.  My most
poignant memory was mixing 75 pounds of peanuts, m&ms, dried fruit, etc., in a
garbage pail, and then sitting down and making 150 bags each 1/2 pound,
individually weighed and sealed.  Thank God for A&E!

Jeffrey Olson
Laramie, WY, where it snows one day and is 70 degrees the next...