RE: [pct-l] Thanks Ron

>> The early desert sections of the PCT will require a hiker to pack two or
more gallons of water at a
time. This is not a problem on the AT. <<

Monte,

I hope I don't have to carry two gallons of water. I've got containers for
1.5 gallons. I'll be dropping the gallon one a Kennedy Meadows and just
carrying two quarts max. Except for maybe Northern California.

I also expect to do a bunch of early / late hike with long layovers mid day.
Me and heat don't mix well. 55 degrees is short sleeve weather. I don't even
think about a sleeping bag until it gets below 60. Above 90 I'll probably be
reduced to a pile of molten moak. Not a pretty site, I assure you.

Not having completed the PCT, I can't judge it difficulty. But at one step
at a time, if I'm patient, I expect I'll get there.

Any it's just a few days away!

Ron "Fallingwater" Moak
PCT 2000 - http://www.fallingwater.com/pct2000