Re: [pct-l] ALL 3

>Most of the things that some people currently think are impossible,
>have already been done...

I concur. And just to make it clear, I didn't write what is included in the
excerpt following this note. My original response to that excerpt is echoed
by your thoughts exactly.

Still, for anyone determined enough to attempt all three in a year, and who
intends to plan well enough to make it feasible, I maintain that the AT
portion needs to occur during the off-season. Save it for last, since it
really is least. No one ever claimed the AT to be easy, but novices have
successfully travelled almost every inch of it in all seasons. The High
Sierra PCT and northern Rockies CDT are a different story, I would think.

I don't know about higher elevation conditions, but right now the valleys
here in northern NH are mostly clear of snow. It's still early April, and
the 4-month thru-hiker passing through bound for Katahdin might be in luck.
(and mud)

- Blisterfree