No Subject

>>"Anyone who is interested in the GoLite pack should know that your shoulders
>>will need breaking in too."

>   Yeah and bring lots of aspirin for all the migrains from the pain and
>tension coming up from your shoulders.  My question is where's your margin

     The decision to leave behind a hipbelt is a personal one.   Three years
in the
2nd Ranger Battalion carrying fairly hefty loads without a hipbelt convinced
me
that it's hardly a necessity.  Besides, the idea here is to pack light
enough to not
need one.
You can adapt, though.  push the straps so that they go around your
deltoids,
so that instead of hanging straight down the weight is pulling back at your
arms.
Change every few minutes.  This has always worked for me.

>for error?  This pack is only designed for 20-30 pound loads.  If you have
>to pack an extra 10 pounds of water during a dry spell or a big spring storm
>blows in and you need your heavy winter gear, this pack won't handle those
>loads.  I feel better with  the extra free space and a nice cushy hip belt

     You may be misinterpreting the load carrying ability of this pack here.

Quoting from the website, "the design is optimized for loads typically under
20
pounds, but the BREEZE will carry 60 pounds or more when necessary..."
And it probably will be necessary south of Los Angeles if going N to S this
summer.

>to handle the load.  When I'm out thru-hiking this year am I going to have
>to bail people out that are running too light and lean?   This Go-light

     Maybe.  Hopefully the people you encounter along the trail will have
tested
their gear and their ability to use it correctly, but you never know.  My
gut
feeling is that people who don't won't last long.

>philosophy is a double edged sword someday you're going be out there in the
>wilds lacking something.

Yes, I've been wracking my brain trying to decide, for example, if I should
carry
prescription corticosteroids with me, or a snakebite kit.  I've never been
bitten
by a snake, or had my eyes sealed shut by poison oak, but I would like to be

prepared for such an eventuality.  Optimism in such situations can indeed be
double-edged sword.